|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
If you pride yourself on being one of the best technologists in the area, you enjoy a challenging, consultative environment and you want to be paid well and advance your technical certifications…we’d like to hear from you! At Network Computing Architects, Inc. you will enjoy working for a smaller-sized, established company (20 years mature) where your efforts will be realized and rewarded on a daily basis.
NCA has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer in our San Jose office. This is a highly visible position responsible for providing architecture and implementation expertise as well as technical sales support for our client base. This position will engage with our Enterprise clients across industry sectors on the design, implementation and support of their networking needs to support current and future business transformation efforts. Your ability to clearly articulate networking technology solutions including, but not limited to; Routing & Switching, WAN Acceleration and Optimization, Network Applications and Performance Analysis to our existing client base is essential.
The Senior Network Engineer will have extensive hands-on technical expertise in the pre-and post sales design and integration of networking solutions. Ideal candidates will possess; Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in networking technology, multiple industry and vendor certifications, as well as previous accountability at the senior architect-level or above.
- Provide exceptional expertise in architecting, building, maintaining, and enhancing enterprise customers’ networks in a consulting environment
- Lead or engage in the implementation of networking products and solutions; transfer appropriate knowledge to the customer
- Build in-depth knowledge of customers’ technical priorities, challenges and initiatives- map those needs to NCA offerings; establish long term strategies and prioritize short term opportunities for engagement as well as meet individual billing/revenue objectives
- Prepare professional, accurate and thorough documentation for client proposals
- Review existing architectures; identify weaknesses and suggest best practice/ compliance based solutions
- Assist in translating customer needs into functional design requirements; may prepare responses to RFP’s, RFI’s and RFC’s.
- Analyze proposed networking solutions to identify gaps, strategic or financial impacts and the risk profile related to the technical solution or offering
- Continuously engage with internal and external technical leaders and NCA account managers to identify and scope new opportunities and develop new professional services
- Communicate project/work status with clients, project leaders, and NCA managers on a continual basis
- Collaborate effectively with other NCA groups to accomplish Professional Services division goals/objectives
- Attend training to maintain industry knowledge and technical capabilities to ensure integrity for all proposed networking solutions
- Core networking knowledge of major vendors (Cisco/HP/Juniper/Extreme), wired and wireless networking devices
- Core Routing knowledge in enterprise implementations (Static/OSPF/BGP)
- Core Switching knowledge (VLAN/Trunking/Multicast/etc)
- Working knowledge of security hardware and solutions (firewalls)
- Deep understanding of Local and Wide Area Network topologies
- CCNP / CCDP / or equivalent
- Virtualization Technologies in networking (iSCSI/SDF/DCB,10GBe, Nexus)
- VTSP, VCP, or equivalent certifications desirable
- 5-8 years of experience delivering complex professional services engagements with a focus on enterprise networking technology
- Progressive experience leading and managing large client engagements
- Proven experience creating architecture design documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (documentation, client presentations, etc)
- Superb interpersonal communication and the ability to participate in a team/project with several other team members
- Proven ability to interact with and influence technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Service-oriented; anticipates client needs, openly solicits feedback and always looking for opportunities to improve services or increase sales
- Bachelor’s degree strongly desired, industry experience may suffice
- Ability to travel (travel is primarily in the Pacific Northwest)